I started off the new year mad at the treadmill. It went from BFF to dreadmill slowly. Seeing the numbers in front of me pressures me too much and it put me in a downer mood.
Today I had a fantastic outside run with Abby though and I am still savoring the feeling of running outside with another person at a decent pace! It felt nice and normal and reminded me of the summer days when I was much smaller and running was a bit more comfortable! It was too easy. It felt so nice out and fun to catch up with Abby – it had been since the summer, when we were doing some long runs in preparation for her IM(IW)! She is recovering from an injury so lucky me I am not holding her back too much from a more normal pace, but soon she’ll be off doing speedy runs (hopefully right around the time I am ready to start racking up faster miles again!) Right towards the end of the run (5 miles) I started to get a side stitch, otherwise I felt like I would have liked to keep running for hours and hours on end. The first mile I did feel like I was running in a race (huff/puff) but then I was able to settle into a pace. It felt so good!!! It makes such a difference having someone to run with, I can’t say enough about it.
- Sleeping isn’t the most comfortable
- I haven’t had any indigestion anymore for the past couple of weeks!
- More pressure on my bladder for sure!
- Holding on to an innie belly button. Please stay in there!!
- More shifting, less kicking on the inside
- Running is still the same!
- Definitely anxiety about the whole birth thing/bodily changes for a while
- I can’t help but to keep logging my miles
- I counted what I was eating for about 1 day and from then on, have just been more mindful (minus every holiday outing)
It is back to work on Monday. I hankered down for a bit and got some work done this afternoon. It is kind of a nice benchmark to know that I’ll have off in a couple more weeks and be able to start preparing for Boston and won’t go back to work until after I’ve finished Boston, and then I’ll only have about 6-7 weeks left of the schoolyear to finish out. It is weird to think how much our lives are going to change in such a short amount of time though. I guess what most people say is that you don’t know what to expect or how it is going to be, so it is a little scary – and exciting too!
Savor the weekend !