My hormones are all over the place after I dropped a feeding, the baby is eating more table foods, and I am nursing less and getting closer to dropping another feeding in the near future. All of these temptations which I usually have no interest in are calling my name – Easter candy (gross!)?? Chocolate chips out of the bag? Sure, why not! Eating when I’m not hungry? Ahh! My skin is breaking out and I feel all over the place. I am making a point to start the day with warm lemon water and to get back on track and fight against my hormones!
Here is a way to start your day! Take half of a lemon (I usually buy them in bulk) and squeeze into a glass of warm water. The warm water wakes up your system first thing so make this the first thing you drink/eat in the morning! Here are the benefits of warm lemon water:
- Lemon juice aids in digestion – helps with heartburn and bloating
- Helps clean out your system by stimulating the liver – liver cleanse!
- Full of vitamins! Lemons contain Vitamin C, B, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium & fiber.
- Clearer skin – antioxidants found in lemons are good for your skin.
- Healthy weight – lemons contain pectin fiber which fights cravings.
- Reduces inflammation. Ahh, a favorite of mine! Drinking lemon water daily will help fight free radicals.
Start a new habit today and drink lemon water when you wake up!
Found a fun infographic from clevelandclinic.org
How do you start your day?