Pecans are typically a seasonal favorite and although known more for an indulgence more so than other nuts, the nutritional benefits found in pecans should not be overlooked.
ALL ABOUT PECANS
The healthy fats found in help with the feeling of fullness, aiding in weight loss and also energy levels.
Pecans and other nuts also help lower cholesterol and lower the risk of heart disease.
Pecans are high in antioxidants protecting against oxidative cell damage.
The extract of the pecan shell is also being studied as a tumor suppressor in breast cancer cells. (Source)
Here is a healthy indulgence to enjoy this fall! You can coat them in chocolate or eat them without!
- ½ c pecans
- ¼ c maple syrup
- ¼ c almond butter
- 1 c gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- handful of Enjoy Life mini chips
- Topping (optional)
- ⅓ c Enjoy Life mini chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a food processor, process oats until a fine flour is formed.
- Add pecans, and process again until smooth.
- Add almond butter and maple syrup, and process again until it forms a batter.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls.
- If coating, melt chips and coconut oil, then coat balls and place in fridge until chocolate has hardened. Enjoy!