We changed it up for this typically oat based granola making it with almond flour to make it grain free. The key is letting it brown a little around the edges, and then letting it cool completely before breaking it up and storing it. I like big chunks rather than small morsels of granola, so this recipe fits the bill! My kids love having this for a sweet snack. Hemp seeds add extra protein while almond flour keeps the carbohydrates a little lower than in traditional granola.
- 2.5 cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup cacao powder
- sprinkle of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- In a small pot, melt coconut oil, then turn off heat and stir in maple syrup and cacao.
- Stir in the rest of the dry ingredients - almond flour, hemp seeds, coconut and sprinkle with salt.
- Spread and smooth the mixture on a parchment lined baking sheet to about ½ inch thickness.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until edges start to brown.
- Allow to cool completely before breaking up and storing.
Store this in a glass container for up to 2 weeks.