After reading The Truth about Cancer by Raymond Francis, I gathered some important facts about nutrition for you to take note.
Americans are in toxic overload. Our bodies are not designed to handle so much toxic exposure. The toxins are bioaccumulating inside our bodies. This overload, along with a lack of education about the toxic garbage (the food that is available and marketed to us at the grocery stores) that is going into our bodies, is directly responsible for the cancer and chronic disease epidemic. By our 60s, there is enough toxicity in our body to cause cancer. Additionally, the detox systems in our our kidneys and liver gets worse with age, becoming less efficient. Add in the prescription drugs (most older people are on various ones), this just adds more toxins into the body, causing fatigue, poor memory, and the immune system to fall apart.
Babies are being born loaded with toxins from their mothers – causing birth defects, ADHD, learning disabilities, and even childhood cancer. Was ADHD even a thing in the 80s and 90s? Ken Cook, the president of the Environmental Working Group said “We’ve measured hundreds and hundreds of toxic chemicals in the blood of babies that are still in the womb.”
There are 2 causes of disease – 1) toxicity, and 2) deficiency. Toxicity refers to all of the toxins that are accumulating in our bodies from environmental factors and the foods that we are consuming. Deficiency refers to nutrient deficiencies from our diets. Think about what you are putting into your body and what your body might be missing out on when you develop an illness or succumb to a virus.
- Wheat is a toxin.
- Wheat contains lectins which are defensive glycoprotein compounds that plants use to protect themselves from insects. Wheat, spelt, rye and rice are very high in lectins. The nightshades – tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, and legumes also contain lectins. Lectins are highly stable, thus they accumulate and become incorporated into tissues, interfering with normal functioning. The immune system attacks lectins, causing inflammation. Lectins damage the GI tract and make holes in the tissue (aka Leaky Gut).
- In addition to the lectins, wheat is sprayed with chemicals, especially Roundup, which is then ingested by whoever is eating the wheat. It makes sense with how many gluten and wheat intolerances there are currently!
- We have been brainwashed to eat dairy. Did you watch the “Got Milk” commercials growing up? The campaign began in 1993 encouraging people to drink more milk using celebrities for marketing. This campaign is still active in the United States today. Are you shocked to know that dairy isn’t good for us?
- “Dairy is the cause of most disease in the world today,” – Paul Nison, raw food author. Milk is made for calves, not humans. No other species drinks the milk of another species. Cows are injected with rBGH (recombinant bovine growth hormone), a genetically engineered artificial hormone that makes them produce more milk. Milk from rBGH-treated cows contains higher levels of IGF-1, which is a hormone that normally aids in cellular growth. With the higher levels, the cellular growth turns into tumor growth aka cancer.
- Even organic dairy is not good. Dairy causes inflammation, calcium losses,contribute to high cholesterol and saturated fat, which increases the risk of heart disease and other serious health problems.
- But milk is good for bone health right? Ironically, countries with the highest milk consumption also have the most osteoporosis. Milk actually causes calcium losses, yet people with osteoporosis are told to drink more milk. 70% of the world’s population do not drink milk.
- But where can I get my calcium? Plant foods such as green vegetables – kale, broccoli, collards, leafy greens – are a great source of calcium among others.
- Casein – the protein in cow’s milk, is the most powerful driver of cancer. Look out for this ingredient even in dairy alternatives.
- Glutamates are a class of compounds known as excitotoxins to enhance taste in processed foods. Glutamates kill brain cells and cause many neurological disorders. Below are many of the names that you’ll see on labels.
In short, excitotoxins (the most common being MSG and aspartame) cause brain cells to become excited, and the neurons become so exhausted, they die. Excitotoxins also increase the free radicals in our bodies. Excitotoxins have been shown to cause migraines, seizures, neurological disorders, blurred vision, increased appetite, infertility, imparied brain function, cancer, and heart disease, among other illnesses. These foods must be avoided!
- Adding GMOS (genetically modified organisms) to our food supply is an experiment. No one knows the long term effects of this experiment. According to the FDA, approximately 90% of soy and 70% of corn is GMO, and of that half is contaminated by spraying and the wind blowing. Corn and soy are two crops to completely avoid. A number of countries in Europe have banned GMOS but there is no regulation in the U.S.
- Excess animal protein stimulates disease. A high animal protein diet changes the ratio of estrogens in the body and is excess in iron. Excess iron generates free radicals and accelerates cancer growth. Use animal protein as a side occasionally not as a main course. At least 90% of protein intake should come from plants.”Calorie for calorie, spinach has as much protein as beef.” -Francis.
Did you learn anything new?